I am allergic to the outdoors. Or so it would seem. Don't get me wrong I am not one of those people who prefers to stay indoors and just says I am allergic to being outside. Nope. I love being outside. This is why I am considering a trip to my doctor.
I have always been fairly susceptible to sinus infections but this season it has been ridiculous.
Last weekend, while my husband was mowing and weed-eating, I went outside to talk to him. I was probably outside ten minutes tops. By that evening I could already feel it coming on. The sinus pressure. Pardon the TMI but also the drainage running down the back of my throat. By the next morning I was miserable! It cleared up in couple of days so no big deal.
This weekend we took my son to the park. We were probably there all of twenty minutes because he gets bored with things quickly sometimes. Same thing that evening I felt it coming on again. Seriously?! Can I just not spend time outside anymore? Needless to say it has hung on just a little bit longer this time. Maybe it was the extra time outside ;).
I normally don't go to the doctor for this sort of thing because I have had sinus infections for as long as I can remember. I just take over the counter stuff and go on about my life. But this is just a bit much. I mean it is so much so that I was saying something about me mowing on our riding mower and my husband said, "NO! You'll die on me or something!" Of course he was joking.
I know the pollen count has been high. Must be all the rain we had in April. I just want to be able to spend time outside this summer with my son. He will actually enjoy it more this year. *SIGH* I guess if it happens again I am going to make that appointment. I hate going to the doctor. I mean I love my doctor. I just don't like spending the money!
Thanks for listening to me whine a little. I never thought I would write that much about a sinus infection :)! I am just so tired of being miserable!
An Imperfect Step
5 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment