It's been awhile since I have raved about my son so I think I am due. Bear with me because I am fairly certain this is going to be a rambling post about his utter cuteness!
I know children aren't perfect and my son has his faults but the good things far outweigh them. He is 19 months old now and learning so much every day I can barely keep up. He talks a mile a minute but I can only understand a few words here and there.
His newest word is doggie. I learned this as I was telling our boxer to stop barking at whatever was outside. After I had done this my son points his finger and says, "doggie, doggie, doggie, dog dog!" It was like he was scolding her as well. So cute!
As if his cuteness factor could get any better he has been giving great kisses lately. Not those open mouth slobbery ones but actually puckering his lips. He will give them spontaneously and when prompted. I have mixed feelings about this though because he will kiss people he doesn't know very well when prompted, hmmmmm. He is so friendly; when he isn't playing shy.
His other new thing is saying bye and waving when he leaves a room. He doesn't just say bye though. It is a process. He will say bye and wave, run to where the hallway starts, stop and say bye and wave. Then he runs to half way down the hall, stops and says bye and waves. Then he goes into his bedroom, peeks out the door and says bye and waves. That child is such a mess.
When he gets trouble and I am scolding him, he will run up and give me a big kiss. It's hard to discipline such a sweet face (but I have too). He is such a thinker so I know I am in for it when he gets older. He is going think up all sorts of crazy things to do and then he will give me a big kiss hoping I will go easy on him. I can see it already :)
An Imperfect Step
5 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment