Today my heart is breaking. My boxer,Achaia, passed away this morning. I'm not really sure why. She had been acting like she wasn't feeling well for a couple of days but I just assumed she had a cold. Most likely it was just old age. She just turned 10 years old on the 8th. I know she was old and I should have eventually expected but she didn't act old. She had a lot of spunk. The only time I thought about her age is when she didn't want to be bothered by my son and would look at me with pleading eyes to let her in the kitchen so he couldn't get to her.
She was such a good dog and she and I had been so many places together. She lived with me in Tennessee and Indiana. I watched her be born. I'm still having a hard time remembering she is gone.
We chose not to bury her here but instead I asked my parents if we could bury her by her momma. Of course they said yes because they loved her too. I know it may be silly to be this worked up over a dog but she was family and it hurts.
Here are a could pictures of my sweet girl.
I know how hard it is to lose a pet :( I'm so sorry this happened. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
ReplyDeleteThanks Crystal. That means a lot.
ReplyDelete