Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

This is such a special time for me this year. My first Mother's Day with B in my arms. I semi celebrated last year when I was pregnant but this year was definitely different. I truly know what it is to be a mother now or rather I am learning haha!

I appreciate my mother so much more now. My mom was a SAHM also. I don't believe I ever fully appreciated the challenges faced by a SAHM until now so thank you Mom! Thank you for all of your sacrifices and unending patience. Thank you for being there for me, guiding me and showing me how to be a mom. I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful godly mother to mentor me on how to be a good christian woman and mother.

This Mother's Day also had a sense of anticipation in it because while she is only 8 1/2 weeks pregnant I am joyful that my sister is going to be a momma! What a blessing and answer to much prayer! I can't wait to see her blossom as a mother.

I am so thankful that God blessed me by allowing me to become a mother. I am thankful that He healed my body and made this day possible!

Note to B (and my little angel baby in heaven): Momma loves you soooo very much! Being a mother to you is one of the best rewards in my life apart from being a wife to your daddy. I may not always be a perfect mother but I will do my best to be the best mother I can be for you. I love you always and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment