Friday, March 4, 2011

What a Week!

It has just been one of those weeks.  Everything that could possibly stress me out has presented itself.  I am sure my attitude didn't help.  Instead of taking it to God I let myself get angry instead.  I had such a wonderful Sunday at church.  I served in the Bookstore and met several new people.  I was almost giddy when church services got over.  But that is almost where it ends.

By Monday evening everything seemed to be piling on and I was just in a MOOD.  Bless my poor husband's heart he has been so patient with me this week.  Even when he was probably thinking, "Where is my wife and who is this person?"  I haven't been praying and reading my bible as much this week.  I'm not sure if this has exacerbated the situation or if it is a result of the situation.  I am sure it is a little of both.

Last night I think was my turning point.  We had Discipleship Community for all of the small groups that meet on Thursday nights.  It was a very uplifting time.  Worship time was good and I just felt better.  It was what I needed.  So I'M BACK!  With renewed determination to make the best of my prayer and bible time the rest of this week.

Isn't it so good to know that, even though we hit a rough patch, God is waiting with open arms to comfort us?  Though I am sure He is thinking, "My child, why did you wait so long to lean on me!"  Even if it was only a couple days that I didn't seek Him out; it was still too long.  It's a lesson I seem to have to learn over and over.  I like to think I am getting better but I still have my moments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment