So this weekend my husband's cell phone bit the dust. Some of the internal components came out when he removed the charger from it. Don't ask me the proper name for it because while I love to USE technology I have not versed myself on all of the inner workings!
Needless to say until we could get one of my old phones switched over that left him with no phone all day yesterday while he was working. To top it off he normally doesn't not have to work Sundays so I was already a tad irritated about that! Anyway, I digress. I could not text him at all while he was gone for 12+ hours! I know! It was a tragedy right?! Or at least it felt like it was a tragedy. Not being able to send and receive even a short little text made my day SOOOOO long.
That got me thinking. I mean, seriously, what did I do before texting? In college while I had texting on my phone I didn't use it much because it cost my parents 10 cents a text. We won't even go into High School because I had one of those bag phone monstrosities that stayed in the car. So basically before I texted or had a cell phone I waited it out or waited for someone to give me a call back. I didn't fret about it all day long. I just went about my merry way. So I am beginning to think I may be too dependent on technology! Is there a twelve step program for that?
An Imperfect Step
5 months ago

Ironically, while technology (my blog) was sucking me in my eleven month old decided that would be a great time to pull down the baby gate! Hmmm, you think God might be trying to tell me something?
ReplyDelete