Monday, May 30, 2011

Prayer Monday, May 30, 2011


Crystal over at A Life In Ordinary has requested a bit of a change in the way we do Prayer Monday.  So, I am going to follow suit.  She has asked us to do the following instead of writing a prayer at the end:

 1.  Share where you are and what's going on with you (i.e. prayer requests).
 2.  Visit each participant's page and pray for them in that moment and leave a comment.

I am currently asking God how He wants to use me next.  He is definitely already using me in some very important areas but I feel like there is more He wants me to do.  When He speaks to me I want step up and do what He asks; no matter how uncomfortable it may be for me.  I fear I am become complacent with the things He has already entrusted to me.  

I am also struggling with a fear of raising my son right.  I am a perfectionist and this is not helping me at all.  I want to be a perfect parent but I know there is no such thing.  Please pray that I accept the times I am bound to make parenting mistakes and I learn from them.  Also, pray that we find the method of discipline that will work for all of us.  He is a good kid so hopefully I won't have to discipline often.   God has given me this little blessing and I want to be a good steward of that gift.  Pray that I find peace in that we are raising him with God as his foundation and that I entrust him completely to God.  I also need to remember I am not doing this alone.  I have my husband and God helping me out.

I could go on and on about things God is working out in me but I will save of that for another time.  I am praying that He continues His work in all of us.






3 comments:

  1. God,bless my friend Armanda. Hear the cries of her heart. Help her to discern when and how You desire to use her and may she be obedient in those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've prayed for you and tried to comment but Blogger is stupid.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Your prayers are much appreciated.

    Crystal - At least this comment came through and I know you stopped by :) Love you too.

    ReplyDelete