Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Reaching out

My husband and I lead a small group at our church. This is not a job we take lightly. It is a calling God has given. I love the people in our group. So much do I like the dynamic in our group that sometimes I forget I should be reaching out to bring more people into our group. We should not let ourselves get complacent and comfortable. Part of our purpose as a small group is to help people grow spiritually and to get people plugged in that aren't already.

I am not by nature an outgoing person. I have forced myself not to be painfully introverted. It's hard for me but I know that if I would just reach out to more people in our church, that are not in small groups, then I would be greatly blessed. If you are reading this please pray that I will find the courage to do this. I am encouraging our group members to do the same and I want to lead by example.

No comments:

Post a Comment